Skip to content

SAT Prep

Help your student raise their SAT score by up to 200 points with a Club Z! tutor either online or in-home.



The SAT exam has four main sections: SAT Reading, SAT Writing/Language, SAT Math, and SAT Essay.

SAT Reading Tutoring:

The SAT reading section will test you on 52 questions and you will have 65 minutes to answer. The test is formatted in 5 passages that will have 10-12 questions per passage. There are 8 types of questions: Main Point, Detail, Inference, Vocabulary in Context, Function, Author Technique, Evidence Support, and Data Interpretation. Reading comprehension skills are essential to scoring well on the SAT reading section, it is also important to practice reading with an increased pace so that you will be able to finish in time.

SAT Math Tutoring:

The SAT Math section is broken down into two sections with 58 total questions and 80 minutes of cumulative time to complete. On the first section you will be given 25 minutes to complete 15 multiple choice questions and 5 fill in the grid questions, you will not be permitted to use your calculator for this section of the ACT Math test. After you complete the first section you will then have 55 minutes to complete 30 additional multiple choice questions and 8 additional fill in the grid questions, you will be permitted to use your calculator on this section. There are three main topics that comprise approximately 90% of the SAT Math test: Algebra, Advanced Math, and Problem Solving and Data Analysis. The remaining 10% of the test with be on additional topics such as geometry, trigonometry, and pre-calculus.

SAT Writing and Language Tutoring:

The SAT writing section has 44 multiple choice questions and you will have 35 minutes to answer. You will have to read four passages and then answer 11 questions per passage, one of the passages will also include either a graph, chart, or table that you will have to interpret and apply. The passages will be about four topics: Careers, Social Studies, Humanities, and Science. The SAT writing section will test you understanding of for concepts: Command of Evidence, Words in Context, Expression of Ideas, and Standard English Conventions.

SAT Essay Tutoring:

There is also an optional essay portion of the test that we would recommend students take to help their application be as competitive as possible. You will be given 50 minutes to write 650-750 words about a given topic and you will then be scored in three different sections by two different scorers. The three sections you will be scored in are reading, analysis, and writing. In each section you will be given a score ranging from 1-4 each grader, that means you will have a composite of 2-8 for all three sections.

Club Z! has developed proprietary curriculum to help you with the SAT exam.


Average Increase in Score for the SAT is 200 Points

All times 12 – 3 P.M. (EST) unless otherwise noted.

  • APRIL: Saturdays: 4/01, 4/15, 4/22, 4/29
  • MAY: Saturdays: 5/06, 5/13, 5/20, 5/27
  • JUNE: Saturdays: 6/03, 6/10, 6/17, 6/24
  • JULY: Saturdays: 7/08, 7/15, 7/22, 7/29


If an online course will fit better into your busy life, our classes are filling up. Click the button below and register for one of our online courses.

Enrollment is now open for Z Prep! Online SAT test prep programs.

Space is limited! Register Online.


  • In-depth diagnostic testing
  • Detailed reporting with projected score ranges for the SAT
  • 12 hours of live, online instruction
  • Taught by an expert SAT instructor
  • All sessions recorded in HD
  • Additional self-guided video study modules
  • Flexible scheduling
  • Easy online access

Cost: $499 USD